It’s late 2011 and the fabulous cast of Desperate Scousewives are about to explode onto our screens in a haze of tan, rollers and of course… Scouse brows. While we might never see the likes of Amanda Harrington and Chris Johnson on our screens again (😭) one star of the show is making a comeback in a big way and I am delighted. Beetlejuice stripes. Strong black and white stripes are in again and you’ll see them everywhere. So here’s my pick of the best.
I talk about things I love. I’m registered as an affiliate marketer so that means that sometimes I’ll earn a commission on my recommendations – Steph Bannister.
- From the Missguided plus size range, this super sexy and flattering wrap top can take you from office meetings to after work drinks. I LOVE IT.
- The black and white trend, while fierce, can also be pretty and girly. Take this bardot prom dress from Very for example.
- Boohoo have got a fab tall and plus range but this playsuit from the main collection is just AMAZING, even if Little Miss Lanky over here can’t actually wear it. I can dream. Plus it’s called Cora so maybe I’m biased.
- The undisputed king of the stripes at the moment is River Island. It’s a stripe lovers paradise. I tried this suit on in the River Island style studio and I HAD to have it, and it’s available in plus size.
- Everyone loves a slider, they’re the ultimate casual shoe. Whether you’re running the shop, or just running outside to get the washing in when it suddenly decided to lash it down, they’ve got your back. This monochrome pair from River Island will go with almost anything.
So I’m dead sorry that there’s no actual return of the Scousewives cast (which I would LOVE btw if Channel 4 are watching) at least we can relive the monochrome glory days of 2011/12.