On Sunday 1st December I attended the Chic Fashion event in the Liverpool Hilton. It was a fantastic day and I got to drool over so many beautiful dresses it was unreal! I got to meet the beautiful Cassandra from 7th Rose Boutique who granted me an interview for the blog. Here she tells us how her passion for fashion has led her to follow her dream of owning her own boutique. We both also picked an outfit for the AW13 season from her current collection.
I started Seventh Rose Boutique in 2011 as a part time venture during University. I set up a website www.7th-roseboutique.com as well as Facebook and Twitter pages. Initially selling vintage (Violet Vintage Range) but recently also decided to stock modern clothing (Scarlett Modern Range). The ranges include; day and evening dresses, coats, jackets, blouses, bags, shoes and lots more! I attend local vintage fairs and I opened a pop up shop based in Southport as a summer venture this year. I love dealing with customers and clothes every day, it’s an actual dream come true, I feel really lucky that it’s gone so well. The full product range is available on Facebook to browse, home visits can be arranged via appointment to browse the show room which has our full Violet Vintage Range & a selection from the Scarlett Modern Range however most are pre-order in your exact size and colour preferences and take 7-10 days to arrive.
What made you decide to open your own boutique?
I have always loved clothes, fashion and all things beautiful (typical Libra, apparently) and had a real love for vintage clothing. In my high school and college years I’d noticed a real growth in popularity for vintage so in 2011 after my first year of university, I decided to go for it. I love business and didn’t want to waste any more time. I’ve recently come to terms with the fact that I’m a bit of a know it all and control freak, if you want something doing properly, do it yourself. It’s been a success ever since and I balanced my time easily with my degree and have since branched out in to modern clothing too as I wanted to be able to offer more to ladies in various sizes, colours and tastes that you can’t always source as easily with vintage. I always try to stock unique and extra beautiful pieces, I don’t do basics. I hate the idea of always wearing clothes that everyone else is wearing or playing it safe. I think life is too short to dress boring, it’s the scouse logic.
What would you describe your personal style as?
I would say I have two styles, one is quirky boho and one is classic feminine. I love clothes too much to pick just one! So it depends on my mood, where I am going, the weather… everything! Naturally I need a good amount of clothes to accommodate this so it’s perfect to source clothing for a living! I think it’s important for women to dress for their shapes and what they feel comfortable in. Confidence is absolute key and there is nothing sexier, no matter what size and I always try and tell my customers that!
Which celebrity would you most like to dress?
Oo where to begin! I have a strange fascination with Millie Mackintonish (Manderson) lately, I love her! Lana Del Rey for my vintage range, Candice Swanepoel (Victoria’s Secret Model) because she is amazingly beautiful in every way and of course for the scouse birds; I think Alex Gerrard and Abbey Clancy are stunning, I’d love to see any of these gorgeous girls in Seventh Rose!
Who’s your style icon?
There are lots of girls with an amazing fashion sense but one that never gets it wrong in my eyes is Victoria Beckham. She is unbelievable, the epitome of elegance, femininity and class. Her fashion line is to die for and imagine looking as good as she does at her age with that hoard of kids! Her husband isn’t a bad accessory either!
Seventh Rose’ Seven Style Tips:
1. Buy the most realistic size and ignore the number – it is SO much more flattering to wear a perfect fit dress rather than one too small just because you prefer the sound of it!
2. Work A/W layers effectively by colour blocking and using autumnal shades such as black, grey, oxblood, bottle green, cobalt blue and prints like dogtooth and tartan.
3. Pair together leather, lace, fur, suede, denim and other clashing materials for a fab styled look. Leather and fur together is my ultimate fave!
4. Thigh high boots are SO in right now! Heeled or flat – they’re the show stoppers this season!
5. Mix and match designer, high street and vintage for a truly unique style.
6. Leatherette and PVC anything – leggings, oversized tees, mini or midi skirts, shorts, jackets, cropped tops – ANYTHING! I cannot get enough of these trends!
7. Be CONFIDENT! We aren’t all the same, we are all sorts of fabulous shapes and sizes so embrace it!! Find what styles suit you and be bold! Wear what makes you comfortable and your confidence will shine! It will be the most gorgeous you will ever look. Believe me.
Rosie Huntington Whiteley inspired parker with faux fur hood – £65 Birkin inspired bag – £40
Isabel Marant inspired sneakers in genuine cowhide in black – £60
Scouse Bird’s look
Stunning mesh detail dress in black – £85 Valentino inspired studded heels – £30
Studded oversized clutch bag – £22
All items can be found on the 7th Rose Boutque Facebook page as her website is still under construction https://www.facebook.com/7thRoseBoutiqueSRB