We all know the races isn’t just a few hours of watching horses, nor is it just a day out or even a three day saga – months and months of prep go into making sure our outfit is en pointe and every detail of the biggest social event in the North West has been taken care of.
So while you should now have sorted your hair and make up appointments (I hope, if not then god speed) and no doubt your dress will have been hanging up in the wardrobe for weeks now – have you thought about what you’re doing on the day?
The super organised may have sorted a champagne breakfast and a coach back into town afterwards and that is fab but it’s not for everyone. There’s so much to do the morning of the races as it is that getting up at the crack of dawn to make it to a breakfast can be a stress too far.
That being said, once you get within half a mile of Aintree racecourse, you know that chaos ensues. No one knows where to go, what to do and everyone has got their eyes on the prize… no not the Ladies Day best dressed; that first sweet sip of prosecco of course.
The Queens pub (right next to the course) are having a mini three day festival for the duration of the race meet so rather than get into a scrap for a taxi after the final race or fight your way onto a cramped train into town with your face stuck into a fella’s armpit (or worse still, be papped by the Daily Mail lying on the floor with no shoes and your knickers on show because it feels like Satan has farted on the balls of your feet), you can stay Aintree ways and have an absolute ball instead. Here’s what they’ve got planned:
- Coral bookmakers are taking over the pub and renaming it “The Coral Arms” for three days
- They’ll have a massive stage with a DJ on before the races (from 8am) and live music from 5.30pm all the way into the night
- Thursday & Friday live band is Munch
- Saturday live band is Mac Bros (finalists on the voice)
- A marquee in case the weather is being a total dick
- Boss drinks offers
- Prizes and giveaway including actual MAGNUMS of champagne. Sassy bitches love champagne.
- Special betting offers from Coral
- A chance to win sold out Saturday tickets through Coral (how boss??)
- Free entry
For more info you can visit their website and keep an eye out on social media for a competition in conjunction with The Sassy Bird.
Have loads of fun fabheads!