Posted On: 08/07/2015
By: Sophie Scott
Unless you’re Tamara Ecclestone, checking your bank account is one of the biggest emotional rollercoasters a gal can go through, along with getting getting your eyebrows done by a newbie. Join us for the ride…
1. Blind optimism – I am more than positive that this will be absolutely fine.
2. Hesitation – Do I really need to check it though? I mean give or take a few (hundred) quid. It’ll be fine.
3. Ok focus
4.Denial -But really, I’d rather just not know. Srsly.
5. Ignorance – is bliss. If I ignore it everything will be fine right.
6. Right come the fuck on, it will be fine
7. Anger-ffs what is the 24th digit of my password and why am I incapable of counting without having to use my fingers
8. Confidence is key -Just going to close my eyes and open them millimetre by millimetre
9. Joy -Oh, that’s not too bad
10. Horror part 1- that’s because none of direct debits for the month haven’t gone out yet
11.Horror part 2 – In which case I’m up shit creek without a paddle
12. Annoyance-what the fuck did I buy from Tesco Warwick at 6.24pm last Thursday?
13. More annoyance – ditto Boots at 1.53pm on Saturday?
14.Panic – why can’t I remember things. I’m losing my memory. What if i’ve got alzheimers?
15. Anger – no that is defo wrong, i’ve been the victim of identity fraud
16. Fleeting regret – why the fuck did I buy that Asos bikini? Tbf it will look unreal though on all the hols that i’m NOT going on
17. Entrepeneurial optimism – what can I ebay to liquidise some assets rapidly? Maybe that sold out Topshop playsuit from summer 2k13. Wonder if my mum would notice if I ebayed her Mulberry.
18.Dread-on a scale of 1-World War 3, how badly is this HELP ME PLS text to my dad going to go down?
19.I am dead – this is a very risky move
20. Reasoning – but he would rather give me funds than see me become a (high class) call girl right
21. Joy – fuck it its payday soon. Immediate disregard of reality in favour of buying alllll the MAC and Prosecco.
Follow Sophie on Twitter
If you would like to advertise with Scouse Bird Problems and get your business seen by up to half a million people, get in touch using the contact form.
Hey birds and boys, just leave me your contact details and you won’t miss a single article I post XOXO