Posted On: 21/02/2017
By: Scouse Bird
Often we take life for granted and forget to appreciate the little things. Here’s 50 things that should make you smile and a little reminder to be grateful for what you have…
50 things that make you smile – appreciate them!
1. Waking up to a sunny morning (it’s nearly spring… they’re coming!)
2. Fresh bed sheets
3. Getting unexpected mail – preferably of the cheque variety
4. Finding a fiver in an old coat pocket
6. Random acts of kindness from strangers
7. Friendly customer service
8. Receiving a compliment
9. Booking a holiday
10. Unexpected romantic gesture from your fella
11. Chocolate – all kinds
12. Finding you’ve lost a couple lbs in weight
13. Getting a tax rebate
14. A glass of wine after a long day. A bottle is even better.
15. A morning cup of tea or coffee
16. Winning money on a scratch card. Even if it’s only a quid.
17. Getting your hair done
18. The rain stopping at just the right time – i.e. right after you’ve just had your hair done
19. Cuddling your pet – even better if it doesn’t struggle to get away
20. A new episode of your favourite show, or even a whole new series.
21. Finding something boss in a sale and not just some horrible patterened nylon creation that’s been getting wheeled out from the New Look stock room for the past 7 years.
22. Receiving a ‘Well done’ from your boss
23. Your favourite song coming on the car radio
24. New fluffy towels
25. No traffic on the way to work
26. Being offered free samples on the street
27. Finding a boss parking spot
28. Flirting with a fitty
29. Driving with the windows down because the weather’s boss (again, it’ll be here soon!)
30. Going out for a meal
31. Having a goss with you best mate
32. Ice-cream. Cake. Pizza. Buttered toast. Carbs basically.
33. Getting an upgrade on a flight
34. Someone letting you out at a junction
35. Your eyelashes going on perfect first time
36. Getting all your washing done
37. Wearing sunglasses and perving at fitties
38. Doing a boss eyeliner flick
39. No streaks in your fake tan
40. Being tagged in a profile worthy photo
41. Buying new shoes
42. Getting lots of likes on a selfie
43. Getting loads of answers right on The Chase and feeling like a fucking genius
44. Being asked out on a date
45. Using the self-service tills without the computer woman screaming at you to place your item in the bagging area. it’s in there! Look, you stupid bitch!
46. Your footy team won
47. Getting the best seat in the pictures
48. Cakes in the kitchen at work on someone’s birthday – join an office with 365 people working in it and the probability of this increases dramatically…
49. Boiling an egg to perfection – suck it world
50. Getting a Tinder match. Even better if he’s not posing with a drugged up tiger.
SMILE! Life is for the enjoying 🙂
Follow Scouse Bird on Instagram