On Christmas day we all
have get to spend time with our families. While we love them all to bits, spending that amount of time with several generations of extended family can be taxing. There’s alcohol, board games and of course a rose gold karaoke machine, but when the novelty of all that fades, there’s nothing better to kill some time and laugh a laugh with than a good old Christmas quiz.
So save this or print this and don’t you dare look at the answers you little cheat.
- Which saint does the legend of Father Christmas come from?
- In what city was Jesus born?
- What happens every time a bell rings?
- Who wrote The Grinch?
- In which city does Kevin get lost in in Home Alone 2.
- Which fruit typically accompanies turkey?
- How many days of Christmas are there?
- How many jingles are in a full chorus of Jingle Bells?
- What should you do under the mistletoe?
- On the 8th day of Christmas, what did my true love give to me?
- We celebrate another day on St Stephens Day, what is it?
- What year was the original ‘Home Alone’ film released?
- Why is Santa’s outfit red with a white trim and what colour was it originally? (1 point for each)
- What alcohol in a snowball cocktail?
- Who got his wings in It’s A Wonderful Life?
- What did the lollipops in ‘Santa Claus: The Movie’ make you do?
- What year was the original Band Aid released?
- Why did Mary and Joseph have to go to Bethlehem in the first place?
- What is the name of Scrooge’s recently deceased business partner who comes to warn him that he’ll be visited by three ghosts that night?
- Wham – Last Christmas never reached number one in the charts. True or False?
- When Kevin finds himself ‘Home Alone’ what pizza topping does he order?
- After kissing under the mistletoe, what should you do with it?
- How do they say Happy Christmas in Spanish?
- Who was the mean, miserly ‘bad guy’ in ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’?
- What’s the name of the cheeky little slag Alan Rickman buys a necklace for in Love Actually?
- Name the 3 kings/wise men (1 point for each)
- Name all 8 reindeer excluding Rudolph (1 point for getting ALL OF THEM).
- Spell Myrhh.
- The actress who played blonde bombshell Violet in It’s A Wonderful Life is now dead. In what city did she die?
- A traditional feature in Catalan nativity scenes is someone known as a caganer. What is he or she doing?
- In the original Band Aid song who sang the line, “And in our world of plenty, we can spread a smile of joy”
- Which Christmas crooner played a lead roll in 2001 film Totally Blonde alongside Baywatch actress Krista Allen?
- The actor who played office hotty Karl in Love Actually also starred in a perfume advert with a world famous actress. Name the perfume and the actress. (1 point for each).
- The actress who played Jovie in ‘Elf’ is in a band. Name it.
- What species do Gremlins spawn from?
Christmas Quiz Answers
Easy – 1. St Nicholas, 2. Bethlehem, 3. An angel gets its wings, 4. Dr Seuss, 5. New York, 6. Cranberries, 7. 12, 8. 6 9. Kiss, 10. 8 maids a milking.
Medium – 1. Boxing Day, 2. 1990 3. Coca Cola used him in an advertising campaign and made his suit red, it was originally green, 4. Advocaat, 5. Clarence, 6. Make you fly, 7. 1985, 8. For a census, 9. Jacob Marley, 10. True, it was beaten by Band Aid, 11. A whole cheese pizza, just for him. 12. Remove a berry for good luck. 13. Feliz Navidad, 14. Henry F Potter, 15. Mia
Hard – 1. Balthazar, Caspar, Melchior, 2. Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Vixen, Cupid, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, 3. MYRHH, 4. Liverpool, 5. He or she is having a public poo. 6. Boy George, 7. Michael Buble, honest to god watch it, it’s hilarious, he’s creepy AF. 8. Nicole Kidman, Chanel No.5, 9. She & Him, 10. Mogwai.
Hope you’re not all killing each other too much after that Christmas quiz – and if you are then hopefully these tips will help…