Posted On: 22/02/2016
By: Claire Cavanagh
Were You a Noughties Teen? Then You’ll Remember…
1. Saving carrier bags from Topshop, River Island and Jane Norman to use for your PE kit and school books… and the RAGE when your mum tried to give you a Matalan bag to take in.
2. Spending your time on the bus to school using Bluetooth to send your friends songs or grainy camera phone pics.
3. Your mum buying you a 4 pack of blue WKD for your first houseparty, drinking one beforehand with your friends and walking into the party like you were Amy Winehouse.
4. Quickly progressing as a teen drinker to raiding your parent’s alcohol stash before a houseparty/night of drinking in the park. Rum, vodka, wine and creme de menthe all mixed together. Mmmmmmm.
5. That summer when Sienna Miller made boho a thing and you weren’t anybody if you didn’t have a gypsy skirt and a low-slung disc belt.
6. When polyphonic ringtones came out, and you thought: ‘this is it. Technology has peaked’.
7. Your friend taking you out of her Top 12 on MySpace and wondering how you would ever recover from this public shaming.
8. Spending most evenings on MSN and always switching between ‘Appear Offline’ and ‘Online’ in the hope that the lad you fancied would start speaking to you.
9. Also using the ‘sorry wrong convo’ tactic to strike up a more interesting conversation with said lad.
10. wRiTiNg EvErYtHiNg LiKe ThIs FoR nO rEaSoN wHaTsOeVeR.
11. Maybelline’s Dream Matte Mousse. Enough said.
Hey birds and boys, just leave me your contact details and you won’t miss a single article I post XOXO